[Ardour-Dev] Dutch translation

Oscar spacepluk at gmail.com
Wed May 21 03:33:21 PDT 2008

I think it depends on the term. I'd use the words that musicians/producers
actually use on everyday work in each contry. For example, in Spain
everybody using a DAW should know what a 'track' is, but then when talking
we usually use the word 'Pista'.
Saludoss

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Harold Aling <h.aling at home.nl> wrote:

> >> technical terms, as
> >> anyway. Does
> >>
> >> yes.
> >
> > This way of translating will of course have different effects on
> different
> > languages. Personnaly, I think that not translating technical terms gives
> > confusing and inconsequent interface, at least for my language. The
> > Best regards
> >
> > Eivind Ødegård
>
> In the Dutch language, we already use quite a lot of English terms. English
> is also our second language and we add subtitles to English movies/TV shows
> (hooray for that!).
>
> A term like 'loop' could be translated as 'herhaling/herhalen', but 'loop'
> is IMHO far more clear in it's meaning... It's even present in the Dutch
> dictionary. (same goes for 'range')
>
> -H-

Oscar Morante
GPG: CA7417FF

"La nostalgia ya no es lo que era" - Anónimo