[Ardour-Dev] Dutch translation

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Wed May 21 02:19:22 PDT 2008

On Wed, 21 May 2008 09:04:24 +0000 (GMT), Eivind
<meinmycell-lists at yahoo.no> wrote:
>> > About the suggestion Harold made below:
>> >
>> > He suggested that it isn't required to change all
>> technical terms, as
>> > most people using the software will know what it means
>> anyway. Does
>> > this philosophy fit into the ardour way of thinking?
>>
>> yes.
>
> This way of translating will of course have different effects on
different
> languages. Personnaly, I think that not translating technical terms gives
> confusing and inconsequent interface, at least for my language. The
> Best regards
>
> Eivind Ødegård

In the Dutch language, we already use quite a lot of English terms. English
is also our second language and we add subtitles to English movies/TV shows
(hooray for that!).

A term like 'loop' could be translated as 'herhaling/herhalen', but 'loop'
is IMHO far more clear in it's meaning... It's even present in the Dutch
dictionary. (same goes for 'range')

-H-