[Ardour-Users] Noise when downloading files

Billy Youdelman billy at MIX.ORG
Wed Feb 6 06:37:55 PST 2019

On 4 Feb 2019, at 21:43 MST, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> In former times the analog domain often suffered from op-amp random
> noise, but without fulfilling ISO 9000, gear usually was well
> manufactured. Nowadays op-amps are from better quality, but lousy
> manufacturing that does fulfil ISO 9000, as well as some new
> technology, such as SMPS, are the cause of {EMC,}troubles.

There are tools available for manufacturers to deal with this, although
my impression is they're not being used by the makers of gear we
commonly use.  From today's not quite junk mail..

| App Card: EMI Debugging at Board Level
|
| Analyze near-field signals and reduce electromagnetic interference
(EMI) on boards and modules with the R&S®SpectrumRider FPH and the
R&S®HZ-15 near-field probes.

https://www.rohde-schwarz-usa.com/emi-debugging.html

ビリー ヨーデルマん
+1 310 839 7673