[Ardour-Users] Level needed to be a developer in ardour.

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Thu Mar 1 16:36:07 PST 2018

On Thu, 1 Mar 2018 23:28:10 +0000
anahata <anahata at treewind.co.uk> wrote:

> That's a bit unfair, but any developer would need to get up to
> speed on a lot of information before being able to make a useful
> contribution.

Like any software project.  Depending on the scale, sometimes it can
take a month or more of 9 to 5 work to get up at speed and to seize the
design, implementation, intent, style and code testing facilities of a
project.  One thing that can happen that causes problems is to
contribute code w/o a proper understanding of those elements.  And then
arguing about it.

> so my c++ programming skills are very basic, I also have skills in
> python and java, so I have knowledge in oop languages too.

Object-Oriented Programming is NOT a programming language.

To the list above add the grokking of the design patterns involved in
the software, at any level.

Cheers.