[Ardour-Users] Ardour 5.6 : a-fluidsynth looses sf2 file name

Eric Würbel eric at vents-sauvages.fr
Tue Feb 14 05:14:16 PST 2017

I have a problem in one project since I opened it with ardour 5.6 (the
project was created with 5.5).

I have 3 MIDI tracks and 4 audio tracks in this project. The 3 MIDI
tracks uses a-fluidsynth as a sound generator.

Since I opened the project with 5.6, the 3 a-fluidsynth instances lost the
sf2 file names to use (and consequently they are silent).

First thing I tried was to reselect the sf2 files, but this had no
influence. The synths work, but if I quit ardour and restart, the sf2
file names are forgotten by the a-fluidsynth plugins.

Note that, curiously, after reselecting the sf2 files, the project is
not marked as "to be saved (no "*" in front of the name in the window
top bar).

Then I digged into the project file. the <Processor> entries for the 3
synths are present, and begin with :
<Processor id="221" name="a-Fluid Synth" active="yes" user-latency="0"
           type="lv2" unique-id="urn:ardour:a-fluidsynth" count="1"
           custom="no">

<Processor id="551" name="a-Fluid Synth" active="yes" user-latency="0"
           type="lv2" unique-id="urn:ardour:a-fluidsynth" count="1"
           custom="no">

<Processor id="8113" name="a-Fluid Synth" active="yes" user-latency="0"
           type="lv2" unique-id="urn:ardour:a-fluidsynth" count="1"
           custom="no">

So I looked in plugins/221, plugins/551 ans plugins/8113 for more info.
For 221, i discovered in plugins/221/state2/state.ttl :

@prefix atom: <http://lv2plug.in/ns/ext/atom#> .
@prefix lv2: <http://lv2plug.in/ns/lv2core#> .
@prefix pset: <http://lv2plug.in/ns/ext/presets#> .
@prefix rdf: <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#> .
@prefix rdfs: <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#> .
@prefix state: <http://lv2plug.in/ns/ext/state#> .
@prefix xsd: <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#> .

<>
        a pset:Preset ;
        lv2:appliesTo <urn:ardour:a-fluidsynth> ;
        state:state [
                <urn:ardour:a-fluidsynth:sf2file> <ud.sf2>
        ] .

ud2.sf2 is the soundfont I use. It is present as a symbolic link in
plugins/221/state2. The link points to ../../../externals/ud.sf2
This file in turn is a link which points to the right location in my
filesystem where the real sf2 file resides.

The same applies for the two other instances of a-fluisynth, and sf2
files are well located.

Then I tried to :
- delete the 3 a-fluidsynth instances
- recreate them, reselect the 3 sf2 files.
- save the project, quit ardour, restart.

Same problem : the three files mysteriously disapear !
(Ids of the 3 a-fluidsynth changed, but same problem)

This leads to the following question : How can I possibly reset the
configuration of the plugins in order to solve this problem ?

Regards

Eric
--
http://www.vents-sauvages.fr/