[Ardour-Users] Split stereo to mono tracks

Alf Haakon Pietruszka Lund alf at mellomrommet.no
Tue Dec 19 22:08:51 PST 2017

On 17. des. 2017 09:42, Gunter Königsmann wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> A simple beginner's question. But I seem not to be able to find a
> solution to it:
>
> If I have imported an stereo .wav file into my session and now see that
> only one track was connected to a microphone and the other is silent...
> ...is there an easy way to convert the stereo track to two mono tracks -
> and to discard one of them?

Which version of Ardour? In the import dialog on my setup (5.8), if I
choose 'add file as new track' I can also choose 'one track per channel'
- after which deleting the silent one shouldn't get you in any trouble.

Right-click in the area at the left of the track where name and peak
meter lives, along with some buttons (record, mute, solo, P, A, G) and
choose 'remove' from the context menu.

Good luck and merry winter solstice ;-)

Alf