[Ardour-Users] Split stereo to mono tracks

Gunter Königsmann gunter at peterpall.de
Tue Dec 19 22:57:25 PST 2017

> Which version of Ardour? In the import dialog on my setup (5.8), if I
> choose 'add file as new track' I can also choose 'one track per channel'
> - after which deleting the silent one shouldn't get you in any trouble.
That works. Thanks a lot!

But as my recorder seems to record only stereo files - and I frequently
attach a mono microphone to it...
...do I really have to delete the stereo track and to import it anew as
two mono tracks in order to throw away the track that contains only noise?

Thanks a lot,
and kind regards,

  Gunter.