[Ardour-Users] Split stereo to mono tracks

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Sun Dec 17 03:47:11 PST 2017

Gunter Königsmann <gunter at peterpall.de> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> A simple beginner's question. But I seem not to be able to find a
> solution to it:
>
> If I have imported an stereo .wav file into my session and now see that
> only one track was connected to a microphone and the other is silent...
> ...is there an easy way to convert the stereo track to two mono tracks -
> and to discard one of them?

The track is also a container for plugins with a certain wiring, so no.
You can create a mono track, mark the region in the original stereo
track, use its region menu to split into mono, then look in the region
list for the right track and copy it to your new track.

> ...and if my master bus has the wrong number of channels - how do I
> correct that? In the internet I've read "Just delete it and create a new
> one". But I never found a way to make this work.

What goes wrong for you when you do?

--
David Kastrup