[Ardour-Users] modular synths -- was Re: analog summing

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Dec 22 11:14:07 PST 2017

On Fri, 22 Dec 2017 20:08:16 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>or regarding handling filters, while playing something stupid
>"Requiem" from Killing Joke

Or wasn't it a filter, just adding a noise oscillator? I don't remember
it. However, while the Killing Joke sound indeed isn't that
fascinating, IOW an emulation could do the same, it could become tricky
to manipulate emulations live, without making the desired sound
unpleasant for the purpose. In my experiences, it's easier to control a
real analog synth, than an emulation.