[Ardour-Users] Experience Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Aug 21 03:08:35 PDT 2017

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 11:49:56 +0200, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
>Haven't used a 18i20 yet, but I did use the old Pro26 and the Liquid
>56 for professional recording

JFTR the Scarlett family is a pro-sumer series, perhaps the Pro26 and
Liquid 56 are aimed for professional usage. I don't know. I even can't
test if the mic pre-amps of the ADA are less good than those of the
Scarlett, but at least the line outputs of the ADA and the
Scarlett provide a more or less equal sound, while the line outputs of
my HDSPe AIO provide a much more "detailed" sound.