[Ardour-Users] Ardour-Users Digest, Vol 153, Issue 8

Don Estabrook don.estabrook at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 07:03:10 PDT 2016

On  Tue, 2016-10-11 23:33:13 +0100, Ben Bell <bjb-ardour-users at deus.net>
wrote:

> At the moment I'm considering
> taking two exports and then just splicing them together in some other tool
> to remove the glitches.

Like Michael, I had a similar issue (
http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=6096) that x42 fixed just before 4.0
was released.

I'm guessing your issue is not the same -- but FYI, back then I had
developed a couple tools to find and "fix" glitches, by exporting twice (or
more) and comparing the output waveforms.  They relied on the nature of the
glitches (typically a span of zero samples) and the assumption that
glitches never occurred at the same place in time, due to their random
nature.  I'd be willing to share those, but if you're getting fragments of
repeated/incorrect audio (but not necessarily zeros), my "fix" tool might
not help you much.

As far as I've spotted so far it's only affected two out of
> eleven tracks ...

In my case, many of the glitches were not audible - it depended on where
they happened - so not detecting them with my ears didn't mean that they
were free of glitches.  But I can also say that some exports really were
clean, even from projects that sometimes generated them.  In most cases
however, a project that produced them at all would produce them at least
~90% of the time.

- Don