[Ardour-Users] Copy / paste unexpected behaviour

Alf Haakon Lund alf at mellomrommet.no
Wed Oct 19 12:48:38 PDT 2016

Dear list,

(ardour 4.7.0, Ubuntu Studio 14.04)
Playhead is edit point

While working on a project I make and select a range in track 4, copying
the selection.

Moving to an earlier point in the timeline, I select track 2 and hit
ctrl+v to paste. As expected the selection appears at playhead.

Unfortunately, I discover I meant to place it in track 3. ctr+z to undo,
select correct track and ctrl+c.

Surprise! selection is NOT pasted at edit point (playhead), but at a
seemingly random point later in the timeline.

Is this known behaviour? A bug? Me not understanding some simple basics?

Thanks in advance,
Al F