[Ardour-Users] Ardour 4.7 is released

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Fri Feb 19 09:08:18 PST 2016

On 02/19/2016 05:28 PM, Joe Hartley wrote:

>>    - Improve import of ProTools 5 sessions
>>    - Add preliminary support for import of ProTools 10 and 11 sessions
>
> This could be huge for interoperability!  I've always used AATranslator, but
> native handling is fantastic.

It's nowhere near AAtranslator yet. So far it's basically just audio
region import (no midi, no automation, no effects, no
markers/ranges,..), but one has to start somewhere.

Kudos to Damien Zammit for getting the ball rolling on this!

Any feedback is highly welcome, also PT sessions that don't import
correctly and that you can share will be helpful.

Cheers!
robin