[Ardour-Users] Ardour 4.7 is released

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Fri Feb 19 08:28:33 PST 2016

On Fri, 19 Feb 2016 11:07:32 -0500
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> Ardour 4.7 is now available

Woohoo!

>    - Allow removing the timespan name from export filenames

Thank you very much for this.  I'd had various scripts that I had to run
every time I exported files because the names were never what I wanted,
and it became seriously annoying with large sessions.

>    - Improve import of ProTools 5 sessions
>    - Add preliminary support for import of ProTools 10 and 11 sessions

This could be huge for interoperability!  I've always used AATranslator, but
native handling is fantastic.

> greatly improved version of Mackie Control support

More to be excited about!  I really like using a control surface with
Ardour, and since I've gone over to using MC things have been easier than
ever.  I'm looking forward to seeing this.

Thanks to all on the Ardour team for making some of the finest software
I've worked with.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com