[Ardour-Users] Getting signals from Ardour

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Oct 20 15:47:30 PDT 2015

One other minor issue with MCP. Most devices put labels on/near the
buttons. Most DAWs tend to completely ignore at least 50% of the labels and
re-use the buttons for other purposes. If you use one of the 5 DAWs for
which Mackie distributes a pre-printed adhesive overlay showing the way it
uses the device, you're stuck with the possibility of a key binding layout
that doesn't match the labels. More than a possibility: almost a guarantee.