[Ardour-Users] Ardour 4.4 released

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Sat Oct 17 07:20:47 PDT 2015

On 10/17/2015 03:48 PM, Anders Löfgren wrote:
> Please excuse me if I am not doing this right (pretty new to mailing
> lists and such), but I saw something about someone being on the hunt for
> a free compressor to use in Ardour for Windows? I found the following
> two lying around in my "Free Plugins" folder. Might be worth checking out?:
>
> http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=185
> http://mdsp.smartelectronix.com/product/mdspcompressor/

Thanks Anders for your suggestions!
I had seen those, but I didn't feel like registering for the fxpansion
one, since they don't even show you a screenshot until you do, and I
think the mdsp with its "drive" thingy is too fancy for teaching. I want
to avoid getting my students to hunt for weirdo plugins until one does
the job with the factory preset, but rather to learn to work
systematically with standard parameters.
As in, a compressor compresses, an overdrive overdrives. A compressor
that distorts is a broken compressor in my (slightly old-fashioned)
book, at least at less than lightning attack speeds. ;-)

I should also have said I'm trying to get 64bit plugins, because hey,
it's the 21st century :-P

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net