[Ardour-Users] Basic set of cross-platform plugins?

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Sun May 31 13:22:21 PDT 2015

On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 10:28 AM, jonetsu at teksavvy.com <jonetsu at teksavvy.com
> wrote:

> On Wed, 6 May 2015 09:26:04 -0400
> Thomas Vecchione <seablaede at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 5. At the time the fftw bug was really affecting CALF in Ardour
> > limiting it's usefulness
>
> FWIW, some Calf plug-ins crashed Ardour 3.x and I was told this was due
> to the fftw bug.  I compiled them from source and the problem remained.
> Then I upgraded to Ardour 4.0.0, did not recompile the Calf plugins,
> did not change the OS, etc, and the problem went away.  This is
> testimony :)

As Gunter mentioned, this really doesn't mean much, as the bug would show
up for some people and not others depending on specific details
apparently.  This was some time ago, but I remember when it first was
discovered what was going on, I was surprised as I had not run into it.
Then I ran into it on a different setup, either on the same machine or
otherwise, with very similar CALF and Ardour versions.  This was not a
simple, it will always crash type of bug, which is part of why it was
difficult to track down.

The issue has long since been fixed upstream IIRC, though whether the
distributions choose to package it is something else of course.

         Seablade