[Ardour-Users] trouble with retaining microphone connectivity over multiple sessions in Ardou

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Jun 24 02:43:10 PDT 2015

On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 22:15:57 -0400, Cameron Metcalf wrote:
>I do not see anyplace in qjacktl where I can literally type in a device
>name selector.

Run "qjackctl" -> click "Setup..." (the middle box on the right side)
-> On the right side there two boxes, one is named "Input Device", the
other is called "Output Device" -> Click inside the white fields, now
you can use the keyboard to delete and to write -> Ok -> restart jack
(Left side of qjackctl "Stop" and then "Start").

> $HOME/.config/rncbc.org/QjackCtl.conf

I used qjackctl in the way I described above to name the input and
output device "123TEST".

$ grep 123TEST ~/.config/rncbc.org/QjackCtl.conf
InDevice=123TEST
OutDevice=123TEST

Run an editor -> search "InDevice" and "OutDevice"

e.g.
$ pluma ~/.config/rncbc.org/QjackCtl.conf
And push Ctrl+F to open the search dialog box

edit the entries -> Save ->and close.

On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 17:56:49 -0400, Cameron Metcalf wrote:
>I've also looked at the /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf file.
>"# ALSA module ordering".

There is no "# ALSA module ordering" line, you should have followed the
advices to edit the config. However, try to follow the advice how to
use QjackCtl now.