[Ardour-Users] trouble with retaining microphone connectivity over multiple sessions in Ardou

Cameron Metcalf podeas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 19:15:57 PDT 2015

Paul,
I re-traced my steps. I had definitely read through:
http://jackaudio.org/faq/device_naming.html
a few times this past week and tried out (and have just RE-tried) the
following (after each change below, I re-run qjack and boot up Ardour to
see if the mic can be found)...

I run: cat /proc/asound/cards

and get:
1 [VSL            ]: USB-Audio - AudioBox 22 VSL
                      PreSonus AudioBox 22 VSL at usb-0000:00:1d.7-3, high
speed

--

The conclusion of the FAQ page informs: "You can type it into the device
name selector in the upper left of qjacktl's setup dialog."

I do not see anyplace in qjacktl where I can literally type in a device
name selector. (I uninstalled an reinstalled qjacktl to try and look for
this again in case anything had been botched from other things I'd changed).

After I click "setup" from qjacktl there is no place to type in a device
name selector. However, in the "Settings" tab, there are two dropdown boxes
for INPUT and OUTPU.  Both literally have "> hw:VSL" selected already.

Out of desperation and just to see what would happen, I ran: jackd -d alsa
-d hw:VSL
from the command line. This did not resolve the problem.

I also looked at the config file: $HOME/.config/rncbc.org/QjackCtl.conf
mentioned at:
http://qjackctl.sourceforge.net/qjackctl-index.html#Configuration

Am I still missing something in the FAQ?

Cameron