[Ardour-Users] High number of crashes

Lukas Pirl ardour at lukas-pirl.de
Mon Aug 24 19:19:33 PDT 2015

On 08/25/2015 02:13 PM, jonetsu at teksavvy.com wrote:
> nothing) Ardour shows a dialog box to the effect that the disk is not
> responding as it should. Which I hardly believe, really.

What kind of disk is it, what file system do you use, how full is it?

If it's BTRFS:

I experienced, that e.g. BTRFS can get very slow on full disks (esp. for
writes). Also, for non-SSD disks, not having the "autodefrag" mount
option can result in a fragmented file system over the time.
Also, some kernel versions have known glitches since the file system
driver is still a moving target.

Best,

Lukas