[Ardour-Users] Lost Midifiles

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 08:00:59 PDT 2014

The latest version of Ardour fixes these issues. Recommend you don't use
distro binaries and use the ones from ardour.org (you're more likely to get
support, too, if you use the official binaries)

http://ardour.org/whatsnew.html

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 9:33 AM, Orm Finnendahl <
orm.finnendahl at selma.hfmdk-frankfurt.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  the worst nightmare imagenable to me happened today: After two days
> with 20hrs+ of very detailed midi editing, all midifiles of two tracks
> are missing in the session. I simply worked, never shut down the
> computer and am completely positive, I didn't accidentally delete
> anything.
>
> Since it is completely impossible to reconstruct the music, it is a
> total desaster for me! I saved many snapshots on the way, but it
> seems, the source files which were used are missing. Upon opening the
> session, ardour states that many midifiles are missing from the
> interchange directory.
>
> testdisk doesn't seem to find any file in that directory to be
> recently deleted. It is extremely urgent, so I'd be very grateful for
> any advice, what i could possibly do in my situation! I'm not
> restarting the computer until I got some advice in case there is a
> chance to recover from this.
>
> I'm using Ardour 3.5.380~dfsg-3 on debian testing.
>
> I'm probably cured for life to never rely on ardour and just use a git
> repositpory with regular commits to make sure nothing that severe will
> ever happen again!
>
> Yours,
> Orm

Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
"In the rhythm of music a secret is hidden; If I were to divulge it, it
would overturn the world."
    -- Jelaleddin Rumi