[Ardour-Users] Lost Midifiles

Orm Finnendahl orm.finnendahl at selma.hfmdk-frankfurt.de
Sun Oct 26 06:33:34 PDT 2014

Hi,

 the worst nightmare imagenable to me happened today: After two days
with 20hrs+ of very detailed midi editing, all midifiles of two tracks
are missing in the session. I simply worked, never shut down the
computer and am completely positive, I didn't accidentally delete
anything.

Since it is completely impossible to reconstruct the music, it is a
total desaster for me! I saved many snapshots on the way, but it
seems, the source files which were used are missing. Upon opening the
session, ardour states that many midifiles are missing from the
interchange directory.

testdisk doesn't seem to find any file in that directory to be
recently deleted. It is extremely urgent, so I'd be very grateful for
any advice, what i could possibly do in my situation! I'm not
restarting the computer until I got some advice in case there is a
chance to recover from this.

I'm using Ardour 3.5.380~dfsg-3 on debian testing.

I'm probably cured for life to never rely on ardour and just use a git
repositpory with regular commits to make sure nothing that severe will
ever happen again!

Yours,
Orm