[Ardour-Users] Monitoring always active

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 17:11:26 PST 2014

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 7:51 PM, jonetsu at teksavvy.com <jonetsu at teksavvy.com>
wrote:

>   The problem remains, though.  There is constant monitoring so to
> speak.  For instance, the mic is always feed through and ends up in the
> speakers all the time, which causes feedbacks.  Before this problem
> started to happen I use to press the 'input' button on a track's slider
> (the button besides the disk button above the slider) to get
> monitoring.  Not anymore.  Now I have to use mudita24 and lower down
> the ADC1 volume in order to not get any feedbacks when playing other
> tracks.

Are you using hardware monitoring? If so, the monitoring is actually
controlled outside of Ardour (this is a good thing, less latency) and using
the card's mixer app is the correct way to do this.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
"In the rhythm of music a secret is hidden; If I were to divulge it, it