[Ardour-Users] No more sound from ardour/jack

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sat Nov 22 12:22:37 PST 2014

On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 2:48 PM, jonetsu at teksavvy.com <jonetsu at teksavvy.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 00:32:13 +0000
> Q <lists at quirq.net> wrote:
>
> > You have no track outputs connected to your master bus inputs,
> > that'll be why you can't hear anything.
>
> Yes, that was it - thanks.
>
> I never did these connections manually before.  Ardour would make them
> at startup.  Then when I create tracks, I would connect them to the
> proper inputs and that's it.
>
> What comes as a surprise is that once I clicked on that qjackctl
> 'disconnect all" button, then the changes were made permanent even
> though I did not save them.  Now Ardour starts without making these
> connections whereas before these were automatically made.  I hope the
> repercussion of clicking on this button stops there, eg. no problem when
> exporting to ogg.  I can deal with making these connections manually
> although it is a bummer.  Is there any way to revert to the standard
> behaviour of having those connections to the master inputs made
> automatically ?

that is still the default  for a *new* session, but Ardour prefers to think
that if you "Disconnect all" then you know what you're doing. You manually
removed all the connections  ... Ardour has no idea that you didn't intend
to do this.

Reconnecting them in the "Audio Connections" dialog (a patching matrix) is
very easy, and Ardour will then continue to honor your actions after you've
done that.