[Ardour-Users] No more sound from ardour/jack

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sat Nov 22 11:48:26 PST 2014

On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 00:32:13 +0000
Q <lists at quirq.net> wrote:

> You have no track outputs connected to your master bus inputs,
> that'll be why you can't hear anything.

Yes, that was it - thanks.

I never did these connections manually before.  Ardour would make them
at startup.  Then when I create tracks, I would connect them to the
proper inputs and that's it.

What comes as a surprise is that once I clicked on that qjackctl
'disconnect all" button, then the changes were made permanent even
though I did not save them.  Now Ardour starts without making these
connections whereas before these were automatically made.  I hope the
repercussion of clicking on this button stops there, eg. no problem when
exporting to ogg.  I can deal with making these connections manually
although it is a bummer.  Is there any way to revert to the standard
behaviour of having those connections to the master inputs made
automatically ?

Thanks again.