[Ardour-Users] So many lost midi files

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 06:44:40 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 9:32 AM, Kenneth Long <kelong_2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Maybe the user is requesting the encapaulation of that copy command into a
> menu item?

Well, not exactly. One thing I am thinking of is the capability to
create a single MIDI file from multiple tracks... to perhaps move MIDI
"stems" into another sequencer, or as I said, to archive the MIDI and
make it easy to import back into Ardour in the case of something bad
happening. You could do this sort of thing by playing the MIDI to
another sequencer (like Rosegarden) and recording the incoming MIDI, I
suppose. Can you bounce a MIDI track to another one, so if you have a
bunch of clips in one track and you want to merge them all into a
single clip...? I'm bringing this up because I use a lot of short one
or two bar drum part loops (the sort you get from Groove Monkee), and
it would be handy to merge all of those, create an archive or have an
emergency backup in case some of the individual clips go missing (this
happened in pre-380 builds)

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com