[Ardour-Users] So many lost midi files

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Jul 15 07:30:47 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 9:44 AM, Brett McCoy <idragosani at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, not exactly. One thing I am thinking of is the capability to
> create a single MIDI file from multiple tracks... to perhaps move MIDI
> "stems" into another sequencer, or as I said, to archive the MIDI and
> make it easy to import back into Ardour in the case of something bad
> happening. You could do this sort of thing by playing the MIDI to
> another sequencer (like Rosegarden) and recording the incoming MIDI, I
> suppose. Can you bounce a MIDI track to another one, so if you have a
> bunch of clips in one track and you want to merge them all into a
> single clip...?

Of course. And once I finally get back to focusing on MIDI, "bounce" will
work too. Don't ever expect combined MIDI regions though. I did that for
audio and the concept just isn't feasible with MIDI (because the user can
edit the data contents of the region, not just the boundaries and position
as with audio).