[Ardour-Users] Multiple USB Input recording ___IS___ needed. No it is not "DUMMB" to want this feature

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Jan 14 13:05:37 PST 2014

On Tue, 2014-01-14 at 20:44 +0000, John Rigg wrote:
> That isn't to say that good work can't be done with cheap tools, but if you're
> relying on your tools to pay the rent it gives you a different perspective on
> things like efficiency and work flow.

What are the needs and what is the workflow of the OP or of the amateurs
the OP want's to introduce Ardour?

Perhaps it's possible for us to clearly say that this can't be realised
with Ardour, Qtractor or whatever, e.g. regarding to missing plugins,
that are maybe only available for money and only can be used with some
proprietary Mac or Windows software. OTOH maybe we could give the OP
hints how to realise it using Ardour or any other FLOSS software.
Regarding to USB microphones Robin explained what to do. We likely find
howtos for other "issues" too.

I also don't clearly understand what's different for amateur and
professional usage. I try to keep the same workflow at home, using Linux
nowadays, I've done with analog gear in professional audio and video
studios some years ago and at home using analog gear some years ago.

The OP needs to give more information about the needs and yes, about the
workflow too.

The OP used this subject "Multiple USB Input recording ___IS___ needed.
No it is not "DUMMB" to want this feature" but seemingly he is missing
something else.

What are you missing OP?