[Ardour-Users] Multiple USB Input recording ___IS___ needed. No it is not "DUMMB" to want this feature

John Rigg au2 at jrigg.co.uk
Tue Jan 14 12:44:06 PST 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 08:03:11PM +0100, Marco Bertorello wrote:
> Even if this irritation does not justify obfensive and haughty
> sentences like "Ardour is not a toy" or "Ardour wants to be for
> professionals" or "professionals do not work in this way". IMHO.

I don't think pointing out that professionals work in a certain way is
necessarily haughty when it's in reply to a questionable statement
(from the OP in this case) about what "everyone does nowadays". It's just a
fact. Nobody seems to get upset if a car mechanic says that a $10 set of
wrenches isn't good enough for his work, but audio engineering is perceived
as different for some strange reason.

That isn't to say that good work can't be done with cheap tools, but if you're
relying on your tools to pay the rent it gives you a different perspective on
things like efficiency and work flow.

John