[Ardour-Users] Start w/o mixer panel

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Aug 4 14:56:23 PDT 2014

On Mon, 04 Aug 2014 23:37:08 +0200,
Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org> wrote :

> So while it may exit "KDE-sparkling clean" it does really crash.

It happened at that time.  This is certainly not clean.  I usually run
out of impatience 2000 ms after I asked an app to terminate at which
point it is not a clean exit.

> Starting ardour from the commandline would be easiest to verify.
> See also http://ardour.org/debugging_ardour

> The most common cause of these crashes at exit are plugins. e.g. the
> Invada ones that debian/ubuntu ship often crash at exit (not only
> ardour but other hosts, too)

I do not use any plug-ins, although I maybe would like to.  My stuff is
nmostly acoustic-based so it gets tiresome evry fast (slower than
2000ms though :) when adding Hydrogen or worse, the qsynth sounds that
comes with Linux Mint as they clash with the acoustic tones.  I'm
looking for a mix of acoustic and synth, but the synth has to be good.
So maybe plugins are what I need to get real samples, like that Kontakt
5 and Friedlander violin samples (if that's the same guy as in the Zorn
trio/Bar Kohba).

But now, plugins may be apt to crash Ardour ?