[Ardour-Users] ./waf configure -> looking for glib -> not found

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 09:59:38 PDT 2013

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 12:10 PM, Wendy Van Wynsberghe
<wendy at constantvzw.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to install Ardour 3 from source - as Mint ruined Gtk (pff,
> what distribution is dependable these days - Ubuntu is leaky & I
> sincerely dislike Unity - Debian pure is too hard for multimedia :-/)

You should install the binary package, your life will be a lot easier
unless you really feel the need to build from source (like to test
experimental new stuff in git).

BTW, you don't have to use Unity on Ubuntu, I've been using xfce for a
good long while. Ubuntu Studio is even better...

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com