[Ardour-Users] Ardour 3.0 is released / payment options

Christian Weikusat christian at shamanbenefit.net
Tue Mar 12 05:54:39 PDT 2013

> My understanding is that paypal is not forcing you to have "an account"
>(...)
> Am I wrong about that, for Germany at least?

It seems just so. I was also very surprised because, up to now, this had never been a problem.
Just to clarify: It is perfectly clear to me that I have to provide email adress and credit card details to paypal. I have no problem with that.
But paypal was (at least yesterday) definitely trying to force me to have an account and I HAVE a problem with that. (I had an account once and will NEVER have one again).

> What process do you believe was forcing you to pay?

I'm not sure I understand your question. I was referring to the download page which says that you either have to pay at least 1$, download the source or use the free demo version that will not save
plugin settings. Screenshot: http://www.imagebanana.com/view/b5rwagza/screenshot.jpg
Maybe it's just my bad english, sorry.

> If enough other people pay, I don't waste energy worrying about those who don't. By the
> same reasoning, though, please don't expect me offer help and support if
> you don't want to pay.

Actually I DO want to pay, otherwise why should I even worry about PayPal or anything?
I find this remark unnecessarily offensive and rude. I had a problem with PayPal. OK, maybe I am a bit stupid and, of course, my english is far from perfect but I really, really tried (and eventually even succeeded) in paying for a3 like I have for a2.

Anyway, thanks for your answer and the great software and so on.
Christian