[Ardour-Users] Ardour 3.0 is released / payment options

Federico Bruni fedelogy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 06:03:19 PDT 2013

2013/3/12 Christian Weikusat <christian at shamanbenefit.net>

> > My understanding is that paypal is not forcing you to have "an account"
> >(...)
> > Am I wrong about that, for Germany at least?
>
> It seems just so. I was also very surprised because, up to now, this had
> never been a problem.
> Just to clarify: It is perfectly clear to me that I have to provide email
> adress and credit card details to paypal. I have no problem with that.
> But paypal was (at least yesterday) definitely trying to force me to have
> an account and I HAVE a problem with that. (I had an account once and will
> NEVER have one again).

I experienced something similar in the past: I've been able to use PayPal
without creating an account until one day I was forced to have one. So
reluctantly I accepted. Later on I found out that it was a wrong decision:
once you are in, it's hard to get out.
So I definitely share your feelings about PayPal.

Bank transfers inside EU are way better and cheap (0.50 per transaction).