[Ardour-Users] Ardour 3 importing problem

Steve Downes steve at kingswayelec.co.uk
Sun Mar 24 09:23:53 PDT 2013

Hi Guys,

Went to import some Hydrogen .wav files into ardour & in my haste imported a number of files (about 6) from my "recent" dir (I hate that ubuntu feature) My fault of course. I then deleted these files from the session & imported the correct ones, "simples" It will now not place these files into tracks, they are in my editor list. It will also not let me create a track to import them into & when I do it gives me the following error message. I tried re-importing the deleted tracks but it changed nothing.

What did I do wrong? & how do I extracate myself.

Pleeeeease.

Steve

Error message file when I try to create new track:-

--------------------------------

[INFO]: LV2: Discovering 177 plugins
[INFO]: Loading menus from /opt/Ardour-3.0_14207/etc/ardour.menus
[INFO]: Loaded mixer bindings from /opt/Ardour-3.0_14207/etc/mixer.bindings
[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (hello-dolly-demo-L.wav): while searching /home/steve/l-studio/wave/interchange/wave/audiofiles
[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.
[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (hello-dolly-demo-R.wav): while searching /home/steve/l-studio/wave/interchange/wave/audiofiles
[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.
[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (hello-dolly-back-L.wav): while searching /home/steve/l-studio/wave/interchange/wave/audiofiles
[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.
[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (hello-dolly-back-R.wav): while searching /home/steve/l-studio/wave/interchange/wave/audiofiles
[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.
[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (look-tonight-guide-vocal-L.wav): while searching /home/steve/l-studio/wave/interchange/wave/audiofiles
[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.
[ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (look-tonight-guide-vocal-R.wav): while searching /home/steve/l-studio/wave/interchange/wave/audiofiles
[WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.
[INFO]: Loading bindings from /home/steve/.config/ardour3/ardour.bindings
[INFO]: Loading history from /home/steve/l-studio/wave/wave.history
[ERROR]: unable to create port: failed constructor
[ERROR]: could not create 1 new audio track
[ERROR]: unable to create port: failed constructor
[ERROR]: unable to create port: failed constructor
[ERROR]: unable to create port: failed constructor
[ERROR]: unable to create port: failed constructor
[ERROR]: unable to create port: failed constructor
[ERROR]: unable to create port: failed constructor
[ERROR]: unable to create port: failed constructor
[ERROR]: unable to create port: failed constructor
[ERROR]: could not create 1 new audio track
[INFO]: Loading 82 MIDI patches from /home/steve/.config/ardour3/patchfiles:/opt/Ardour-3.0_14207/share/patchfiles
[ERROR]: LV2: Failed to instantiate plugin http://calf.sourceforge.net/plugins/Reverb
[ERROR]: Found a reference to a plugin ("http://calf.sourceforge.net/plugins/Reverb") that is unknown.
Perhaps it was removed or moved since it was last used.