[Ardour-Users] Ardour 3 importing problem

Dragan Noveski perodog at gmx.net
Mon Mar 25 05:52:38 PDT 2013

On 24.03.2013 17:23, Steve Downes wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Went to import some Hydrogen .wav files into ardour&  in my haste imported a number of files (about 6) from my "recent" dir (I hate that ubuntu feature) My fault of course. I then deleted these files from the session&  imported the correct ones, "simples" It will now not place these files into tracks, they are in my editor list. It will also not let me create a track to import them into&  when I do it gives me the following error message. I tried re-importing the deleted tracks but it changed nothing.
>
> What did I do wrong?&  how do I extracate myself.
>
> Pleeeeease.
>
> Steve
>
> Error message file when I try to create new track:-
>
> --------------------------------
>
> [INFO]: LV2: Discovering 177 plugins
> [INFO]: Loading menus from /opt/Ardour-3.0_14207/etc/ardour.menus
> [INFO]: Loaded mixer bindings from /opt/Ardour-3.0_14207/etc/mixer.bindings
> [ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (hello-dolly-demo-L.wav): while searching /home/steve/l-studio/wave/interchange/wave/audiofiles
> [WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.
> [ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (hello-dolly-demo-R.wav): while searching /home/steve/l-studio/wave/interchange/wave/audiofiles
> [WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.
> [ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (hello-dolly-back-L.wav): while searching /home/steve/l-studio/wave/interchange/wave/audiofiles
> [WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.
> [ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (hello-dolly-back-R.wav): while searching /home/steve/l-studio/wave/interchange/wave/audiofiles
> [WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.
> [ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (look-tonight-guide-vocal-L.wav): while searching /home/steve/l-studio/wave/interchange/wave/audiofiles
> [WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.
> [ERROR]: Filesource: cannot find required file (look-tonight-guide-vocal-R.wav): while searching /home/steve/l-studio/wave/interchange/wave/audiofiles
> [WARNING]: A sound file is missing. It will be replaced by silence.
> [INFO]: Loading bindings from /home/steve/.config/ardour3/ardour.bindings
> [INFO]: Loading history from /home/steve/l-studio/wave/wave.history
> [ERROR]: unable to create port: failed constructor
> [ERROR]: could not create 1 new audio track
> [ERROR]: unable to create port: failed constructor
> [ERROR]: unable to create port: failed constructor
> [ERROR]: unable to create port: failed constructor
> [ERROR]: unable to create port: failed constructor
> [ERROR]: unable to create port: failed constructor
> [ERROR]: unable to create port: failed constructor
> [ERROR]: unable to create port: failed constructor
> [ERROR]: unable to create port: failed constructor
> [ERROR]: could not create 1 new audio track
> [...]
hallo,

i am not sure, but it looks for me as the number of maximum ports
provided by jack is reached.
which jackd version are you using?

in jack1 maximum of 1024 ports can be provided, in jack2 the number is
hardcoded and i don't know at which level. if you are using qjackctl
have a look at the setup dialog.

cheers,

doc