[Ardour-Users] Qcon control surface support

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Thu Aug 29 09:23:42 PDT 2013

On 08/29/2013 04:32 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
> nobody is working on this at present. the work involved is complex and i
> would not recommend it as a learning project.
>

> On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 12:06 PM, Yoann Lubiato <contact at lymixstudio.com
> <mailto:contact at lymixstudio.com>> wrote:
>
>     Ok, thanks for the enlightment Paul.
>     Are some people working on this or would you need help?
>     As I said, i'm not a coder, but i've been turning around for a while,
>     and this would be a good  occasion so start learning, if u think this
>     is reasonnable, for someone who's not into this, but who learns quite
>     fast.
>     If you have some ressources to share as a start, i would be glad to
>     give a try
>     Thanks
>     I guess the job done would serve other Mackie-like devices
>
>     I can share the dedicated function key map too if you want it
>     implemented in Ardour3.x
>     On Thu, 29 Aug 2013 09:04:04 -0400 Paul Davis
>     <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com <mailto:paul at linuxaudiosystems.com>> wrote:
>
>      > if it sent OSC, all (most) those things could be controlled. but for
>      > MIDI right now, we're "stuck" with the model created by
>      >
>      >    (a) dynamic, user-driven binding between MIDI messages and
>      > controllable things
>      > and
>      >    (b) the model defined by Mackie Control
>      >
>      > and yes, changing this involves coding.

fwiw, i've just ordered a qcon pro. paul, if, as you say, most of the
features required by yoann are exposed via OSC, then it should be
possible to set up a midi->osc conversion with mididings in software. i
haven't used it yet, but dominic's website claims it can trigger
arbitrary OSC messages. that way, we should arrive at a useful,
feature-complete solution without too much work. a little hackish, but
nothing that couldn't be fixed by a shell script and alias :-D

yoann, have you explored the qcon's mackie hui capabilities yet? they
might enable all the features you're looking for.

anyways, i'm eagerly waiting for my box to arrive. way too many client
projects have accumulated on my disks, and buying new gadgets surely
would fix that, because they make me more productive. err, right.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net