[Ardour-Users] Qcon control surface support

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Aug 29 09:27:37 PDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 12:23 PM, Jörn Nettingsmeier <
nettings at stackingdwarves.net> wrote:

> fwiw, i've just ordered a qcon pro. paul, if, as you say, most of the
> features required by yoann are exposed via OSC, then it should be possible
> to set up a midi->osc conversion

to be honest, i think this would be silly. the right thing to do is nearly
always the right thing to do.

at least one of the things he mentioned is tricky, because it involves
something that is a bit of mismatch in the current design(s). something
like automation state is not a toggle, but instead a controllable that has
>2 states. we have other controllables with > 2 states - faders! - but
these are typically not controlled via buttons.

so the notion of "this message increments (and wraps) a controllable's
value" is something that is currently missing (and is not really there in
OSC either).