[Ardour-Users] A3: Silence and session load weirdness after re-open

Q lists at quirq.ukfsn.org
Wed Apr 24 05:28:31 PDT 2013

Well, by not having Ardour deciding it knows better than me, for a start :-)

By which I mean the disabling of audio, not the detection of feedback loops.

 From the experience I had, I don't see how the feature could prevent
damage: I had the session open for hours with the Feedback light merrily
flashing away and audio working normally.

It was only when I next re-opened the session (a day later, which was
probably why I didn't twig that it was the feedback that triggered it)
that audio was disabled.

Maybe it could be handled in the way that it currently is, but with the
addition of an option in the Session Properties that allows you to
over-ride the audio disabling (so that audio isn't disabled on
re-opening in the presence of a loop and maybe even stop the flashing of
the indicator).

That way, the over-ride would be on a session-by-session basis and the
default behaviour would be to disable audio on restart if a feedback
loop is detected (although I still don't understand the benefit of this
behaviour).