[Ardour-Users] A3: Silence and session load weirdness after re-open

Axel 'the C.L.A.' Müller axel-mueller-74 at web.de
Wed Apr 24 09:26:14 PDT 2013

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 13:38:43 +0100
Q <lists at quirq.ukfsn.org> wrote:

> On 24/04/13 13:20, Paul Davis wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 7:57 AM, Axel 'the C.L.A.' Müller
> >     As I proposed in Q's report I would prefer a popup on creation that
> >     asks if the loop was created intentionally. Also sends (at least in the
> >     case of a loop) should be created with the level set to -inf.
> >

> > what level? its a loop ....
> >

> In my case the feedback loop was created between two busses using a Send.
>
> When Sends are created they are at -inf, which seems a very sensible
> precaution and not just in this specific type of case.

Well, this is actually only true for the internal aux sends. When I
want to create a feedback send to it's own bus I (currently) need to
create an external send and connect it manually, as auxsends to the own
bus are not supported (and I think in this case it's good that way as
it would be more error prone than connecting manually).

But in contrary to aux sends those external sends are created with the
gain defaulting to unity, wich in this case is not so good!