[Ardour-Users] Strange ram/external sound card problem

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 07:29:17 PDT 2011

Total shot in the dark: You got 4 GB *more* right? So 6GB total...? 32 bit
system..? No PAE kernel..?

If all of that it could have to do with a 32 bit system not being able to
handle more than 4GB of ram due to addressing...
A PAE (Physical Address Extension) kernel would sort that out, or a 64 bit
install if you feel that's less hassle..

Its the only thing I can think of... as I said, shot in the dark :D
-Harry