[Ardour-Users] Grouping Regions

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Sun Oct 30 02:09:38 PDT 2011

On 10/30/2011 12:21 AM, Raoul McAlister wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm new to Ardour and enjoying the experience so far.
>
> I'm trying to work out how to group and lock specific regions together
> in a way that can be preserved between other edits and also from session
> to session.
>
> So lets say I have regions 1 and 2. I want to have exactly 60s gap
> between the end of 1 and start of 2. How can I group these two regions
> so that if I am in the move-edit mode I can simply move these regions in
> time and still preserve the 60s gap. I don't want to have to Ctrl-select
> these regions each time I want to move them.

you cannot group regions in that way.
vertically, you could group tracks in an edit group, so that any action
performed on one track is mirrored on the other.

for your particular example, there is a workaround:
arrange the two regions with the correct gap, then mark a range that
includes both regions and consolidate this range. you end up with a new
single region with 60s silence in it, and then you continue from there.

hope that helps,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net