[Ardour-Users] Adding tracks or busses disconnects Ardour from JACK

John Rigg au at jrigg.co.uk
Sat Oct 22 03:26:02 PDT 2011

> On my old Ubuntu Studio 9.10 I didn't have Pulseaudio installed. I was
> surprised when I installed Xubuntu 11.04 (which hasn't solved my GPU
> lock-ups but that's another story) to find that PA worked, so I left it.
> Removing it and restarting had no effect on the Ardour problem.

Perhaps unrelated, but AFAIK Pulseaudio installs its own versions
of some ALSA files. These can cause some multi-channel interfaces to only
show as having two channels (and not necessarily the ones you might
expect). I know some users of M-Audio ICE1712 based cards have encountered
this for example.

If you've removed Pulseaudio it might be a good idea to make sure it hasn't
left behind any modified ALSA configuration files.

John