[Ardour-Users] Adding tracks or busses disconnects Ardour from JACK

Q lists at quirq.ukfsn.org
Sat Oct 22 02:46:27 PDT 2011

On 13/10/11 20:21, Q wrote:
 > "Autoconnect inputs to physical inputs" was
 > enabled.
 >
 > Sadly, switching it to manual did not stop Ardour disconnecting from
 > Jack when I tried to create a new track.
 >
 > The funny thing is, I haven't been saving the sessions when Ardour gets
 > kicked out, yet when I re-open them not only is the new track still
 > there (hurrah for auto-save I guess), but it IS connected to the master
 > bus, which I wouldn't have expected.

Thanks to everyone who's made suggestions and offered help. I've tried a
few more things.

On my old Ubuntu Studio 9.10 I didn't have Pulseaudio installed. I was
surprised when I installed Xubuntu 11.04 (which hasn't solved my GPU
lock-ups but that's another story) to find that PA worked, so I left it.
Removing it and restarting had no effect on the Ardour problem.

Ubuntu's Ardour 2.8.11 works fine. I completely removed this and 2.8.12
(I had them both installed) re-installed 2.8.12, restarted and the
prolem still exists.

Obviously I can continue with 2.8.11, but I'd rather be using the latest
stable version. By the way, I like the installer rather than having to
compile it -- nice move. It's just my bloody luck that when I finally
got around to donating/paying for Ardour I have problems with it. Oh
well, that's sod's law for you :-)

Anybody got any further ideas or suggestions?

TIA