[Ardour-Users] How do you use Jamin in Ardour (was: Cleaning up unused regions)

Nando nandinga at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 06:18:27 PDT 2011

> That seems like a lot of work to me.  I too don't add Jamin until I'm
> done with the mix, but it's so simple to add an insert to it in the
> master track.

Yup, I like the idea of mastering on the same session.

I'm not experienced on the thing but have been really interested lately.

I think that there might be situations while mastering in which you would do
better coming back to the mix and fixing something, than trying to fix that
from the master, like trying to get that bass down using your multiband
compressor or EQ.

I guess that if your mix is able to handle a bunch of EQs and compressors
for many of the tracks, applying a couple more in the master bus (see the
new multiband compressor from calf!!) or using Jamin is not such a big deal.
That way, you can tweak your mix while mastering.

That of course applies only if you're doing both things...

Cheers!