[Ardour-Users] Cleaning up unused regions

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 04:27:02 PDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 12:19 PM, roaming.book at googlemail.com <
roaming.book at googlemail.com> wrote:

> When recording a live performance I have all the tracks in record for the
> length of the piece. Each instrument and effect has it's own track. When an
> instrument only plays for a short time this leaves a lot of unused silence
> in the audio files. Deleting this unused space would save me considerable
> amount of disk space and make backups to DVD easier.

I think you can create new regions from the old ones by using "playhead"
edit mode, then right-click->edit->split (at the bottom somewhere).

Do that around the audio you want to keep, and then select the regions that
you don't need, hit del, and Session->cleanup like normal..?

Haven't tried it out here, but that should work AFAICS :) -Harry