[Ardour-Users] Cleaning up unused regions

roaming.book at googlemail.com roaming.book at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 5 04:19:16 PDT 2011

When recording a live performance I have all the tracks in record for the length of the piece. Each instrument and effect has it's own track. When an instrument only plays for a short time this leaves a lot of unused silence in the audio files. Deleting this unused space would save me considerable amount of disk space and make backups to DVD easier.

i want the regions left exactly where they are, where they were played, to they remain in sync with the rest of the material.

Brett suggested "tape mode" so I'm going to look that up in the manual and test it it .

Thanks again for replies,

Jeremy