[Ardour-Users] Which distro best supports Ardour using the Delta 44 (ICE1712)?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Mar 21 10:22:40 PDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 1:15 PM, Gordon JC Pearce <gordonjcp at gjcp.net> wrote:

> There's no such thing as a distro-neutral binary package.

evidence? mozilla.org doesn't agree with you - firefox was available
in this way from the beginning.

> If that's the
> route Ardour is taking in the future, then I'm even less likely to keep
> using it.

nothing can force users or packagers to agree with us. we're just not
going to waste time in the future figuring out why something is broken
in distroX's build of ardour (apologies to distroX if its a real
distro name).