[Ardour-Users] Which distro best supports Ardour using the Delta 44 (ICE1712)?

Al Thompson biggles58 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 21 11:31:57 PDT 2011

On 03/21/2011 11:47 AM, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>   I'd encourage you to look into what's involved in keeping the
>> machine up-to-date and historically how well the distro handles
>> running new revisions of the apps you want to run. For instance, WRT
>> Ardour, if the devs choose to move to add a new library then do you
>> have access to that same library, etc.
>
> this will not be true in the future, unless you insist on build ardour yourself.

Why do you say that?  What's the works that will change this?

--

Check out the website I've been cobbling together.  It will never be
done, but it's a start:

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
   http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]