[Ardour-Users] Some issues on a new install

Ross Johnson Ross.Johnson at homemail.com.au
Tue Mar 8 15:47:32 PST 2011

On 9/03/2011 3:34 AM, Al Thompson wrote:
> I've got 2.8.11 installed, and the basics are working fine.  However,
> some of the plugins lock Ardour as soon as I load them.  I have to go to
> a terminal and kill Ardour, and kill -9 jackd because it locks too.
>
> One plugin that always locks ardour is Fons Adriaensen's 4-band
> parametric.  The Invada plugins work fine, on the other hand.
>
> Am I missing some .lib or binary that YUM missed?
It may also be that you have a wrong version of some library.

Assuming the plugin is a shared object library (.so file) then you can
use the 'ldd' utility to show its dependencies, e.g.:

ldd path-to-plugin.so

Any dependencies that are missing will also be indicated. Ditto for any
executable binary files.

'ldd' isn't recursive so you may have to check each dependency as well.