[Ardour-Users] Some tracks not showing meters

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Wed Mar 9 08:41:09 PST 2011

Here's a weird one.

I had a session on Sunday where the band laid down drum and bass tracks
with some scratch guitar and vocals.  This morning I was able to sit at
the machine and spend about 10 minutes listening to what was recorded.

It all sounds fine, I have everything I expected, but most (not all!)
of the tracks show nothing on the meters.  I opened 2 sessions, and they're
both behaving the same way, though since I started from the same template,
that seems consistent.  I seem to always see the gtr & vox meters, but not
the bass.  The individual drum tracks do not show, but the bus I have them
routed to does.  The monitor and master busses also show levels.

What's going on here, and is there a way I can get all tracks to show me
their levels again?

The system's running FC12/CCRMA with the 2.6.31.12-1.rt20.1.fc12.ccrma.i686.rtPAE
kernel and Ardour 2.8.11 (built using 7387 and GCC version 4.4.4 20100630
(Red Hat 4.4.4-10)).  This is the one that installs with Fedora/CCRMA.

Thanks!

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com